Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Surprise Gift...

So last Thursday was my 27th birthday. I always love celebrating my birthday and even though I had to work, I still had a VERY wonderful day!



I woke up to Ty walking into the bathroom when I got up that morning with card and a blueberry muffin with a lit candle in it. He took my car to get the windows tinted that morning (I've been wanting that for a while, so I was VERY excited when he told me the night before that he was doing that for me.) So, I had to drive his car to work,which is very dirty. always. So he cleaned that out for me and when I got in, there was a "Happy Birthday" note on the steering wheel. So cute. :) There was also a note on the visor when I pulled it down to check myself out in the mirror. He knows me too well. :)



I got numerous texts, phone calls, Facebook messages and emails to wish me a Happy Birthday. Mom and Gerry took me to lunch at Longhorn, and it was delicious. The waiter even brought me out a little ice cream sundae that mom and I shared.





Back at work, Sarah made me peanut butter pie, so a couple of co-workers and I enjoyed that.




That night, I just went home and Ty and I were going to make dinner or go somewhere or something, but he was still sleeping and hadn't gone to bed until later in the afternoon because he had to go back to pick up my car, so I let him sleep and laid on the couch and watch tv. I went upstairs and cuddled with him a little before he had to get up to go to work and that was perfect for me.




BUT...the point of this blog was that when I got back from lunch, I got an email from the lady at the front desk of my work saying that there was something downstairs for me. Anytime that has ever happened (which has only been 3 times) I've gotten flowers. Once when I got promoted from Mom and Gerry, another time flowers from Anne and Tonya for my birthday and flowers from Ty for my birthday. In the 5 1/2 years that Ty and I have been together, that has been the only time I've gotten flowers from him. Except now. I've gotten flowers from him TWICE!!




I go downstairs to find a beautiful bouquet of red roses and a Happy Birthday balloon. I thought they were from him, since they were red roses, but I really wasn't sure. So when I got back to my desk and read the card and they were from him. LOVE!!




They were totally unexpected and I think that's what I love about it the most. I'm not one of those girls that wants flowers all the time. Every once and a while, like this, is perfect! Aren't they beautiful???




And a fun little edited one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.