Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not Quite Done...

...with the cake balls. Ugh.

These suckers take FOREVER!

On the recipe it said that you need to "chill for several hours" before you cover with chocolate, but I thought that was a little exaggeration.

Not so much.

They really need to chill that long.

(Oh and this is after you have to bake for 35-40 mins, let cool COMPLETELY, crumble into a bowl, mix in the icing, and roll into balls.) Oh yeah, LOOOOONNNNGGGG process. But I have a feeling they are going to be well worth it.

I made a few last night, but I used regular melting chocolate and not almond bark and that was a mistake. It's just too thin. I used white chocolate and it was speckled red. Not the pretty clean look I was going for.

So right now, I have about 60 (Yep. 6-0, definitely plenty to go around. I can ship them if you'd like. haha) red velvet cake balls sitting on a cookie sheet in my refrigerator waiting to be dipped in chocolate.

I'm going to go to Wally World tonight after work and get chocolate bark, or chocolate almond bark or whatever it is and finish these things off.

For REALS!

...So, tomorrow I'll have an update for sure. Promise. Cross my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.