Monday, December 20, 2010

Getting Caught Up...

So, I've kind of slacked on my blogging lately and I actually have quite a bit to blog about. A lot of Christmas related stuff, so here we go...


December 2nd was the Carrie Underwood concert in Evansville. My sister, Krystal, and I went together with some of our friends. We went to Hacienda first for dinner. So Yummy. Then to the concert. It was AMAZING!! This is the 2nd time I've seen her and she was just as great this time as the first time! LOVE HER!









Two days after the Carrie Underwood concert, we had our girls (plus husbands/fiances/boyfriends get together in Paducah at Lacy and Jason's house. So much fun! We ate a ton. Talked a lot. Played Dirty Santa. Learned how to play Bunco. And ate some more. Such a great time! Hopefully next year Ty will be able to go...he of course had to work...blah.





On Friday, the 10th, we had our work party at my boss Patti's house. It was a really great time too, but I didn't take any pictures. The food was incredible (which I helped prepare the night before. :)) Dirty Santa was great as always with some really amazing gifts. haha and Patti gave us all very generous gifts as well.


The following Monday, we had a Christmas party in Henderson with the Junior Miss girls. We talked about having another get together the entire time we practiced for JM, so we definitely had to have it! It was a blast. Those girls are so much fun and I'm so glad I got to meet them all! I believe we're going to have a graduation party too in May. :)



And then this past Saturday was my niece's, Kelsey and Madison's, middle school basketball championship games. Both the JV and Varsity teams made it to the final game, so I got to go to those. Madison's team (JV) won the title again, but unfortunately Kelsey's team (Varsity) did not. They played so hard, but it just didn't work out for them. They were all pretty heartbroken after the game and it was really hard to see that, but it's just their last year of Middle School. They all still have at least 4 more years of basketball in them. High School games will be really fun to watch!!






After that me, Krystal, Michelle, Kelsey and Madison all headed to Boonville to celebrate Christmas with our dad's side of the family. We have such a large family that we rent out a pavilion at a local park. It's always a great time with of course, good food and tons of it, and family time. Santa always stops by too for the little one's.






Then Sunday, was our annual cookie day with our mom. I don't feel like me and my sisters were as helpful as we have been in the past, but it took a long time. Mom started probably at 8 in the morning and when i left at 5:30 she had just started on the last cookies, the sugar cookies. Our niece's had more basketball games that day so they didn't get to help as much, but I think we still got them done at a decent time. Not sure what the grand total is, but I'm sure it's ridiculous!! haha but so good and so much fun!! And tradition!! One of my favorites, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.