Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend Update

I've decided to start doing a weekend update on my blog every week. I've been really slacking at blogging lately, so hopefully this will help get me back into doing it more. So here we go...



Friday:


Immediately after work, I went home and Ty and I got our stuff together and headed to his parent's house for the night. We met his parent's and sister and her friend up at the restaurant right by their house for dinner. Hometown cooking. SO GOOD!! Gracie and her friend went to a movie night at their church, Anita went home, and Ty, Penny and I went up to the little ball field close to their house so that Ty could take BP (batting practice) since he was playing softball in Nashville on Saturday. His cousin was up there also and wanted to look at some of Ty's bats. I stayed until almost dark and headed back to the in-law's house. Anita was up there, so we chit-chatted until the boys got home. Gracie got back not much longer after that, so Anita and I rode with her to meet her friend's parents in Russellville to take her home. It was fun little girl time. We got back and watched some comedians on youtube with the whole family. It was fun! We finally laid down around 12:30.



Saturday:


Ty and I didn't sleep too well, so we woke up around 6:30 and just talked for a little bit before getting out of bed. He finally got me to get up around 7 and I started getting ready and he ran up to the gas station/store and grabbed us some breakfast sandwiches. We headed down to Nashville about 7:30. Got to the fields at 9:30 or so and Ty's team was there taking BP. They played their first game at 11. Since they were in Tennessee and Ty said that it was a "podunk" tournament he decided to wear his "jorts" (jean shorts) to play in. Wowzers! He's a mess. It was funny though. I definitely snuck in a few pictures though.






It was a fun day! Pretty warm, but not too bad in the shade. I pretty much did half sun/half shade all day so I got a little bit of color which was nice. I feel so pale this summer, it's so weird. Oh well. Anyway, after about 10 hours, 6 games and $20 spent at the softball fields, they won and we were headed to eat sushi with 2 of the guy's and a girlfriend from there team. The place was like a japanese/seafood/sushi buffet and SO SO good. We got done eating and headed home around 9:45. It was a pretty long 2 hour drive because we were both pretty tired. Ty drove most of the way and then I took over. We made it home safe and sound by 11:45 and showered and went to bed.



Sunday:


This was a super lazy day for me. And kind of Ty too, he was a little more productive than I was though. I woke up around 11:30 and stayed in my pj's all day, if that tells you anything. Ty got up around 12:30 and went back to bed, then got up at 2:30 and went to work to do a fantasy football draft. I slept off and on on the couch pretty much all day. Ty got back from the draft around 4:30 and went back to bed until 8:30. I did wash our new sheets that I got from Bed, Bath & Beyond and put those on our bed. Ty went to work and I watched Big Brother and The Real Housewives of New Jersey and went to bed around 11.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Happy To see you're blogging again!! And everybody deserves a lazy day every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.