Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday:

Got home from work and pulled a few weeds and picked up some big sticks in the backyard with Ty. Then started a load of laundry and we went to get some food. Didn't know where we wanted to go and ended up at Fazoli's. We haven't been there in a long time and it was actually really good. We ate WAY too much and then headed back home. I finished the laundry and then we went to bed around 10ish because we had to get up super early Saturday to head to Milford, OH for softball.

Saturday:

My alarm started going off at 2:30 am. Yep. You read that right, 2:30 in the morning! Yikes! I hit snooze once and showered and we headed out around 3:40. Ty drove and I tried to sleep, but that didn't happen. We met up with one of the guys on Ty's team and he rode with us the rest of the way. We got to Milford and stopped at McDonald's for coffee and they got some breakfast. We got to the park super early and they warmed up a little bit. First game started at 10:15. They played 4 games of Round Robin and then the actual single elimination tournament started. Unfortunately, (or fortunately b/c I was WORN out by this point, and hungry!) they lost that first game, so they were out of it. After a team chat, we were on the road back home about 7:00. We stopped outside of Florence, KY, I think and ate at O'Charley's. It was delicious! I haven't been there in forever and Ty and I got some of the nachos for an appetizer and they were so, so good. I totally suggest getting those next time you go to O'Charley's! Yummmm!! Finally after that, we were back on the road about 9. We dropped Razz off at his truck and got gas and were on our way back home. We made a stop outside of Louisville at the Horseshoe Casino because Ty had a $60 cash voucher. Free 60 bucks, so we had to go cash it in. We stopped in this little ice cream shop that was in there and he got a smoothie and I got a frozen coffee drink. Yum! I'm a sucker for sweet coffee drinks! haha Then we were FINALLY on our way home. We pulled into the driveway at like 12:45 or something. I don't know...it was late and I had been up for like 22 hours already. I wanted a shower and a bed. We both showered and then I put the videos that I took of Ty pitching on my phone and we watched those and then both passed out on the couch. We got up at some point and went to bed...

That's my boy!

Nice catch by Ty (the pitcher) during one of the games. :)

Sunday:

Of course since we went to bed so late, we slept in super late too. I got up at like 1:45ish and Ty got up at 2. We lounged around and ate some cereal and watched a movie, The Game. I forget who was in it, but it was from like 1997 and it was so good!! I was supposed to go over to my parents for cake and ice cream for my stepdad and my sister's birthdays. His was today, the 12th, and my sister's is Tuesday the 14th. But I was just exhausted and totally didn't feel like being in the car anymore that day, so I called and wished my stepdad a Happy Birthday and asked if it would be okay that I come by tomorrow. He said that was totally fine. So, I laid back down on the couch with Ty watching something on Netflix, I'm not even sure what it was, and we both ended up falling asleep. I only slept for about 45 mins because we were both squeezed up together on the couch and I felt like I was going to fall on the floor. So I moved over to the loveseat and let Ty have the couch since he had to go into work at 8:30. He slept until about 8:10 and I watched Big Brother and made a PF Changs meal. Ty left for work and I got ready for bed, watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S and I was out. Wonderful, but exhausting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.