Nope. It wasn't a few years. It's been almost EIGHT! Holy crap! How is this even possible?!?!
I'm not going to lie, thinking about turning 30 was not something I was looking forward to. I don't know why. I know it's just a number. And it's really not THAT old. But the fact that I wasn't going to be able to say, "oh I'm in my 20s", really made me sad for some reason. Stupid, I know, but it is what it is.
So, the day came and I spent a majority of it travelling home from an awesome vacation with Ty's family (minus Ty) in Florida. I got tons of calls, texts, Facebook messages and Instagram tags. It really was a great day! I finally came home to the hubs and Lexie and got to spend some quality time with them. I did have a minor breakdown with Ty (as expected), but other than that I had a great day and I didn't feel any older (even though I am. I'm thirty. Yikes!) Ha! Just kidding. I'm over it now.
And most of that is probably due to the fact that the Friday after my birthday, my sisters, parents, friends and hubby threw me a SUPRISE 3OTH BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!! And to say I was suprised was an understatement!!! I honestly thought we were going to Evansville to listen to a band with some friends at Roca Bar. No where in my little mind did I think there would be 30-40 of my closest family and friends waiting for me to celebrate my birthday! It was one of the best surprises ever!! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
I guess this is my "Surprise" face! ha!
This is when I saw my two best friends from college, Anne & Tonya!
Good job keeping the surprise, Hubs!!
Jeremiah & Danielle
Lori & Aaron
Uncle Tony, Tiffany & Aunt Sharon
Kim and Dad
Michelle, Uncle Glen, Me & Krystal
Van & Aunt Jeana
Sisters!!!!! And my party planners!
So lucky to call her my best friend AND sister!
LOVE this picture!
My little "big" sister, Michelle!! Not sure what I would do without her either!
Sara! My best friend from high school and freshman year of college roommate!
Anne & Tonya!!! My college BFF's! Not sure what I would do without these 2 in my life!
Em!!! Love this new momma and former cheerleader BFF!
So blessed to call this guy my hubby!!! He is the best to me!!!!
How gorgeous is my mom?!?! Seriously!! She's the best mom in the world!
Gerr Bear!! The best Gerr Bear I know, that's for sure! ;)
Maddie!! Such a beautiful girl!
Kels!! Another beautiful neice! How are you a senior already?? Seriously?
Oh daddio! Such a nice surprise that he was there too!
Dad and his girls!
I am without a doubt so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends! I joked with Ty years ago that I wanted him to throw me a surprise party for my 30th birthday, but I honestly never thought it would happen, so this surprise was amazing! And was exactly that, a surprise!I didn't feel like I got to talk to everyone that came very much, but I hope they all know how loved I felt having them there and that I feel so lucky to have them all in my life! I'm pretty sure 30 might be my best year yet! :)








No comments:
Post a Comment