Cruz: One Month Old Update
So I'm 2 months behind on this, but just go with it. I'll be better about doing these on time after we get through the first 3 months. :)
The first month definitely flew by, but some days, I feel like it went by soooo slow. There were some rough nights and days in the beginning. It's funny how quickly your normal day changes, but somehow it just feels so normal. I never knew I could function on such little sleep. I never knew how much I could love another person until I had Cruz. There were times Ty and I would be sitting on the couch just holding Cruz and staring at him and I would cry or Ty would because we just loved him so much. It's the best feeling in the world. I don't know how we lived so long without him. He's absolutely our world and the best thing that has ever happened to us. Okay, enough with the sappy stuff...I'm getting teary eyed!
Anyway, we got home on Tuesday afternoon from the hospital. Krystal and Mom came home with us too. Mom immediately started cleaning and organizing our kitchen. She continued to do that the next 2 days also!! Thank goodness for her!! :)
Krystal stayed with us until Thursday, which was awesome! We loved having her there and also as another helping hand. That first night we were home, Ty went upstairs to take a nap and I laid down on the loveseat and Krystal had Cruz. I don't remember how long I slept, but the second I woke up I said, "I have a baby!" Krystal thought I said, "Where is my baby?" and she goes, "He's right here!" haha I said "No, I just remembered that I had one." It was just so surreal that he was here and I was a mommy! Definitely took a little bit for that to sink in.
We weren't going to give Cruz a paci until after a few weeks, per the lactation nurse's info, but the second night we were home, nothing was consoling him, so we gave in! It helped and we finally got a little more sleep! Also, luckily, my milk came in on Wednesday night, so life got better after that too!
Our days were mostly spent, nursing, sleeping and pooping. He was really a chill baby! We could put him in the mammaroo and he loved it. He also loved being held, of course!
Sleeping at night was a little different story. Thankfully the first 2 weeks Ty was off he pretty much stayed on his work schedule being away at night, so he would stay up with Cruz if he was awake, and then bring him up to me when he was hungry.
I always said I would never put my baby in the bed with me/us, but when that was the only way he would sleep, you do what you gotta do to get sleep. The first time that happened though, Ty had been up with him for hours and was exhausted, so he brought him upstairs to me and said he needed to sleep, so I said I would stay awake with him. Ha! As I was lying in the bed with him next to me. Nice try, new mom! Next thing I know, I'm waking up to Ty's palm hitting me so hard in the forehead like a V8 commercial saying, "LINDSAY! YOU FELL ASLEEP!!!" HAHAHA He was so worried I would roll over on him, but if he was laying next to me, I didn't move and would wake up so much. Once Ty went back to work, I was on my own, so we slept on the couch a lot and we'd wake up to nurse and then I'd try to go lay in our bed and put him in the pack 'n play in our room. Sometimes that worked and sometimes it didn't.
We had lots of visitors that first month and we loved it! Family and friends and mommy friends that gave me lots of advice and tips! So thankful to have friends that can teach me so much! :)
My biggest worry while I was pregnant was once we got home, how was I going to know what to do? I'm now in charge of a tiny little human that I had to keep alive, I was so scared. But it just all fell into place and I just became a mom instantly and knew what to do. Sometimes I had to guess, but he's still alive and doing great! I'd call that a success! ha!
~ One day old ~ Cozy after a diaper change ~ Sweet baby ~ After his first bath by mommy & daddy ~ Meeting his BFF, Parker for the first time
~ Hey bright eyes! ~ BFF's and future BFF's ~ Sweet dreams ~ Knocked out in mommy's arms ~ Daddy and Cruzer, sweetest picture ever!
~ Cousin Kelsey before her last prom ~ Family picture ~ First walk to The Creme ~ Mommy's little man ~ Swaddled up napping in the pack-n-play
~ First trip to Target ~ My first Mother's Day ~ Figuring out he LOVES to be outside ~ Trip with Mimi to the coffee shop and Smother's Park ~ Sleepy boy
~Using our Boba Wrap for the first time ~ Sleeping on our belly is the best! ~ Met another new friend, Annalise ~ Family photo time ~ Hello, ladies! ;)
These first 4 weeks of this little boys life have been the best 4 weeks ever! Some days were definitely tough just trying to figure him out, but we survived (with the help of many!) and have loved every second of it. I'm so lucky to be his mommy! I love you so much, Cruz Tyler!!
Happy 1 Month Birthday, bubby!
Happy 1 Month Birthday, bubby!
No comments:
Post a Comment