Thursday, January 7, 2010

All about Ton Ton!

So, one of my BEST friends in the entire world, Tonya (aka: Ton Ton, Tonja, T) lives AAALLLLL the way across the country in this little place called Orange County, CA and I don't get to see her nearly as much as I like, so when she makes her way back home to Paris, TN we always try to get together.

Well this year Tonya came home for Christmas, but for a very short time and we didn't really think it would be possible to see her (or that's what Anne and I tried to make her think). All along we knew we would be going down to Paris the day after Christmas for a surprise 25th birthday party her parents were throwing for her. :)
Sneaky, sneaky, we are.
I like it. :)
So anyway, Anne and I decided that we didn't just want to go down there for the party. We wanted to get to hang out with her by ourselves for a little while. (We tend to get a little possessive when it comes to Ton Ton.)
We got up super duper early (like 6 o'clock...that's early for a non-work day) on the Saturday after Christmas to get ready and make the 2 1/2 hour drive down to TN to surprise Tonya in the morning. We got there right around 10:30 and went into the house like we lived there and walked up to the family room where Tonya was watching tv with her dad. We were going to be super quiet and just walk in until she saw us and screamed, but Anne got excited when she saw their dog Buddy, and said "Hi Buddy". Of course Tonya knew the voice, jumped up screaming and gave us hugs. I think she was surprised. :) We're pretty fun people!
So we just hung out all day with Tonya at her parents house. Her mom had planned for her to get a massage by her Aunt Grace to keep her at the house. And Aunt Grace was sweet enough to give Anne and I a little back massage as well. It was WONDERFUL!
The surprise party was later that night at their lake house, so to get her there, we told her we really wanted to go to Murray to eat at Jasmine's and that we really wanted to stay at the lake house that night too. Her dad said it was fine and that we should probably go by there on our way to Murray to turn the furnace on and the hot water because it had been shut off.
Perfect!
So that's what we do. We head to the lake house and go up the stairs to open the door. Tonya can't get the key to turn, so Anne tries. She can't get it either. So I try and can't get it, then realize there's another key on the ring. Ding, Ding, Ding. That's a winner! So I get the door open and hurry up and jump inside and move to the side so she's right in front when they all yell "SURPRISE" and turn on the lights!! She was surprised, AGAIN! And so excited! A few of her college friends were there and a lot of family and friends from Paris. It was a really good time. Tons of food. Good drinks. A little cornhole and just a good time to hang out with everyone.
Here are a few pictures from my camera...
Not really sure why we did this...but not totally surprised that we did...
So typical of us. I love these girls!!! Murray girls at the party...Meredith, Anne, Me, Tonya, Virginia and Tiffany


We have quite a few pictures like this... <3>

Anne. Love her. Miss her lots.


A.T.L.


Ton Ton. Love her. Miss her lots too.


The Birthday Girl!!!! :)


Happy Birthday Tonya!!!!!!!! I hope you had an incredible day!! Love you and miss you so much!! Can't wait until you live closer to me!!!!!! Muah!! Happy 25th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.