Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekend Update

Friday after work I headed home and decided to start cleaning the closet out underneath the stairs. It's kind of just an "everything" closet. Everything goes in it. But lately, it's gotten out of control. So, since Ty was in Columbus, OH for softball, I decided it would be a good time to clean. It was a disaster, but after throwing a lot of stuff away and putting stuff in the yard sale pile and other stuff in the correct spot, we are MUCH more clean and organized now. Yay. I love clean and organization. :) I also finished up cake balls that I made to take to Tonya's for her bachelorette get-together. That was pretty much my Friday.

MOST of the stuff from inside the closet. Yeah, ridiculous.

After. Much better!

More after. I know it still looks a little crazy, but it is organized. :)

Saturday, I got up and packed, watched a little 90210 and got ready to head to Murray, KY for Tonya's Lingerie Shower. It was at Virginia's house and she was such a wonderful little host. The house was set up so cute and we had all kinds of coffees, and creamers, and teas, and tons of food. So yummy! We played a little game, then Tonya started opening her gifts. She got so much nice stuff and some really cute coffee mugs too. Including the owl one I got her. I was pretty excited about that. :) We hung out around there until about 6:30, changed and then headed down to Paris, TN, to a little store called Jack Jones where we had it all to ourselves to paint pottery. We ate and started painting! Such a blast. I had major anxiety b/c I was worried that I would do terribly (since Tonya and Casey are keeping these, there was a lot of pressure). But I think it will turn out all right. I'll post a pick once I get one after it's been fired. We left there around 10:30 and headed back to Tonya's condo. We sat around and chatted and oohed and ahhed over Zander then finally went to bed around 2.
Tonya and her owl mug that I got for her


Most of the ladie's at the Lingerie Shower

The Bride and her Bridesmaids

The Bride-To-Be and I

Sleepy baby boy, Zander

ATL :)

Tony and her Mom

My Annabell and I
Sunday we all got up arouund 9 and Tonya's mom, Bonnie, came over and started cooking us breakfast. We sat around and drank coffee and ate fruit pizza then omelet's, bacon, sausage casserole, and bluberry waffles. So good!!! Tonya's fiance, Casey, stopped by for a few before church and then Tonya's dad, Tim came by to see baby Zander, and us too, I guess. :) Everyone started heading out and I was the last to leave at 1:30 or so. Such a wonderful time celebrating Tonya and hanging out with the girls. I had a blast!! Got home around 4 and Ty was still in Columbus b/c of rain the tournament wasn't starting again until Monday. So I had the house to myself again. I decided it was deep cleaning time. So I showered, made some coffee, put on my old school college jams on my iHome and started on the upstairs bathroom. My LEAST favorite room to clean. In 3 1/2 hours, I finished the bathroom, upstairs hallway and the middle room (Ty's junk room.) It all looked great, but I was worn out and it was 10 o'clock. So I fixed some peas and mashed potatoes (random, I know) and ate that. Watched a little tv and went to bed.


Monday, I still consider to be my weekend since it was Labor Day. I got up around 9, lounged around until 12 or so. Went upstairs to start cleaning our bedroom and decided to lay in my bed and read The Help for a little bit instead. Ended up falling asleep and slept until about 4. Got up and started some laundry, cooked dinner and finally started on our bedroom. Looks great! Just can't wait to get the dresser from my step-dad's dad to put in the guest bedroom so Ty (and I) have some more room for all of our t-shirts. haha It's really out of control. Ty finally got home around 10:30 and showered and went into work. I watched Bachelor Pad and read and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.