Thursday, September 1, 2011

Weekend Update

Okay, so I realize it's Thursday and I'm just now doing my weekend update. I suck, I know. But I'm trying, so here it is. haha



Friday:


After work, I went to get a mani/pedi. I hadn't had my nails or toes done since right before my wedding so I was definitely overdue. I got acrylics again, which I love and then my mom met me and got a pedicure with me. I'm terrible at picking a color for my toes, so I normally just get a french manicure like I get on my nails, but this time, I finally decided on a hot pink. And then of course she got me asking if I wanted a flower. Heck, why not? Adds a little something. And thanks to my dear friends, Anne and Tonya, I had a gift card to use from my birthday. So thanks friends for my wonderful pampering. :) After that, I raced home so Ty and I and two of his friends could go to Jeryn and Suzi's in Bowling Green for the night, but Ty was PASSED out on the couch and had no desire to go, so we had a chill night at home.



Saturday:


Saturday was the day I've been waiting for for the past few months! It was Henderson County's Junior Miss (aka. Distinguished Young Women)'s Program. This is the 3rd year I've been involved in it. Two years ago, I was honored to be a judge. Then the next year, I decided to join Junior Women's League (who puts on the program) and became one of the choreographers for the program, so that's what I did again this year. Starting at the end of May, Lindsey and I started meeting and working on choreography and finally 10 weeks of practice with the girls later, here we are. Program Day!! I got up that morning and got ready, made some brownies and headed to Henderson around 10:30 for the interviews. We just sat in the room with the girls and chatted with them. They were almost done, so I left around 4 to freshen up at Lindsey's house. We had a glass of wine, then coffee. haha Then headed to the Fine Arts Center. Ran around for about the first two hours, then it was showtime!! The girls all did wonderful and we were SO PROUD!! It's so awesome to be a part of this and see these girls grow and change from day 1 to the last day. Our winner was Autumn and she so deserved it!! She will make Henderson proud at state in January!! The program was finally over around 10:30, I said thank you to my parents for coming and cleaned up a little then headed back to Owensboro. Jeryn and Suzi were in town, so Ty and some other people were with them out at a bar, so I met them there. Then we went back to his friend Alex's house and played cards until about 3 in the morning. It was fun, but I was exhausted!


The lovely Junior Miss contestants for 2012





My "partner-in-crime" Lindsey!! I have NO idea how I would do this without her!!





Lindsey, Me, and Amanda!!




Sunday:



We slept in until about 11:15, then me, Ty, Jeryn and Suzi all went to Moonlight to eat. SO good!!! We don't go there very often, but when we do, I stuff myself stupid. But it's so good, I just can't help it!! Jeryn and Suzi left and Ty and I cuddled up on the couch for a little bit, then decided to lay down and take a nap. I slept from about 2-6, Ty kept sleeping and I watched a little tv and made scrambled eggs and biscuits for dinner. mmm!! Ty got up and went to work and I got ready for bed.



The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.