Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Let's Re-Arrange

So Friday evening the hubs went home to his parent's house to go deer hunting with his dad for the weekend. I had been off that day and cleaned up and organized the guest bedroom, so that night I decided it was time to rearrange our bedroom. Last weekend we got a new little cube-shelf-table-thing with fabric drawers so Ty had some more room for socks and stuff because his dresser is full of t-shirts and shorts. I figured it would be the perfect size to sit our TV on as well. Wellll, it worked, but I didn't realize how heavy that TV was and just didn't feel that comfortable with it sitting on there. So I decided to switch our dressers and move the TV to Ty's dresser since there wasn't anything on it anyway (except for a laundry basket with his clean socks and clothes after he doesn't feel like folding up and putting in the drawers. So rearranging it was!!! 

This was not long after I had started. I sent this picture to Ty and said "Guess what I'm doing??" 

While in the process of cleaning out my jewelry box, I found this note that my sister Krystal left for me my junior year of high school when she left for her freshman year at college. I remember finding it in my backpack or book in my Pre-Calculus class. I cried reading it then and I cried reading it Friday night. We had a blast together that summer and even more fun the 2 years that we got to spend together at Murray State when I decided to go there! I hate that she lives so far away, but what can you do? It just makes me enjoy the time that we do get to spend together when she comes into town! But anyway, we're getting emotional and off track. :) Love you sister!


Anyway....finally a few hours later after cleaning, de-cluttering, organizing and even cleaning out from under the bed (YIKES!!) I was done. I did a little video and sent that to Ty. He loved it!!! and was very proud of me for moving the furniture myself. Those suckers were pretty heavy! So Saturday I took some pics. I wish I had before pictures, but I don't...so, here's the after!

This is as you're walking into the room...

That's my dresser with the mirror...Ty's used to be there, so I just swapped them.

And this is Ty's dresser, where mine used to be.

And this is the shelf/table thing that the TV was on. I like it like this much better. And now we have somewhere to put our unity candle from our wedding and a pic from the wedding. I think my bouquet would look GREAT there too...so mom, I might be getting that from you next time I'm there. ;)

And here's a close up of the table. I think it looks adorable!!! :)

So that's our new set-up in our bedroom. I think it looks pretty good. :)

2 comments:

  1. Of course, I cried a little again, we are such saps! Love the rearrangment though!! Can't wait to see you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! i'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.