Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Florida 2014


So, I just realized I never did my Florida post! Crap!

Well, here's pictures from Sarasota, FL with my MIL-Anita, SIL-Gracie and Ty's Aunt Sharon. We went down and stayed with Ty's Uncle Randall!!! It was an awesome vacation! Perfect weather. Super relaxing. Tons and tons of good food and great company as well!! I'm so glad I was asked to go along. I can't wait to go down again some time!
 
Day 1ish:
 
We left Aunt Sharon's house and headed to Louisville to stay the night since our flight was so early on Wednsday morning.

Gracie & I
 
Waiting for the Ferry to pick us up in Rochester!
 
Day 1 (technically):
 
Our flight was at 5:40 our time, and our hotel we stayed at was RIGHT near the airport and we heard planes flying over ALL. NIGHT. LONG. None of us got more than 3 hours of sleep. But we were heading to sunny Florida, so we didn't really mind!
 
Trying to wake up in the airport in Louisville. Thank goodness for Starbucks!
 
So pretty!
 
We made it to Uncle Randall's!!
 
Not too shabby having this out our back door for the next 5 days.
 
Little lizzards everywhere!
 
We stayed at the house and lounged by the pool all day. We were all exhausted. We finally cleaned up and headed out to dinner (right when the rain decided to start) to a Mexican restaurant. And they brought us this yummy little welcome dessert!



Afterwards, we still had room for more dessert, so we went to an ice cream placed call Sub Zero. They use nitrogen to freeze it all together and make your ice cream. You choose your base (regular milk, yogurt, almond milk and like 3 other options) then add your flavor (vanilla, chocolate, cake batter, etc) then your toppings (cookie dough, sprinkles, fruit, whatever!).
 
 
I decided to go with the birthday cake option and ice cream. It was SO good!!!!!!!!!! Yum!! I could eat that every day, for sure!

Day 2:
 
I woke up and had coffee with Anita, Aunt Sharon & Uncle Randall. Then I decided I wanted to go for a run around Uncle Randall's neighborhood.
 
I wouldn't mind having this in my backyard!
 
It was a hot one!! Even at 9 in the morning!
 
After Uncle Randall worked for a little bit, we decided to go to Siesta Key and have lunch at The Salty Dog! And I of course had to get a "salty dog"! It's basically a batter and fried hot dog on a bun and it is SOOOO good!!!
 
 
 
 
After lunch, Gracie and I were dropped off at Siesta Beach "Voted the #1 Beach in the USA" and we spent the rest of the afternoon there! It was perfectly warm, the water felt great and we got some sun. Some of us got more burnt than others **cough** Gracie **cough** ha!
 
 
The sky acted like it was going to rain on us, but luckily it never happened! :)
 


 Gracieloo and I enjoying the beach life!

 After a couple hours at the beach, Uncle Randall came to pick us up. We all got cleaned up and headed out to dinner with Anita's other brother, Donnie and his wife, Donna, who also live in Sarasota. We decided on a pizza place that had these amazing garlic rolls dripping in butter and ridiculously good pizza! It did not disappoint! The ice cream place we went to the night before was in the same complex, so we of course, had to get ice cream again. Well some of us - this girl right here did. duh! After that, we went back down to Siesta Beach to see the sunset!
 
 
Gorgeous!
 



 
 
When we got back to the house, Gracie and I sat out back by the pool for a little bit and relaxed.
 
Really wish this was my backyard...
 
Day 3:
 
I got up and went to breakfast with Uncle Randall, Aunt Sharon, Donnie and Donna at a place close to UR's called Dutch Valley. I got eggs, toast, turkey bacon and fruit, although, I did really want pancakes (shocker!).
 
 
We got back to the house and grabbed Gracie and Anita and us girls went back down to Siesta Key to do some shopping. I saw this little mini donut shop and thought of my mom! I passed on the donuts, but I'm sure she wouldn't have. :)
 
 
 
We got back to the house and decided to just lay around the pool the rest of the afternoon. And pose for some pictures, of course!
 
 
We stayed in tonight and grilled out burgers and hot dogs.
 
hahaha! I love this girl!!!
 
Day 4:
 
Back to the beach today!!! Yay!! I got up and went for a quick run AFTER a HUGE cinnamon roll from a local bakery. Not a good choice. You would have though I had sludge on my feet. ha! It was rough, but I did it.
 
 
Yikes!
 
Pretty houses on the water!
 
After a quick run to Bulk Nation to get some goodies and see the puppy dogs for sale next door, we picked up and umbrella and blanket from Donnie and Donna and Uncle Randall dropped Gracie and I off at the beach again!
 
 
 
 
It was a fringe top kind of day! :)
 
How gorgeous is that water?!?!
 
 Love our little posed pic! :)

For dinner tonight, we went to Carrabba's. I'd never been before and it was really good! There was a little mix up with our reservation (or lack there of, according to the not-so-nice hostess who said they don't take reservations, but someone did the day before!) Strange. They made up for it with free appetizers!

 
Since Carrabba's was just up the road, basically, from Uncle Randall's some of us decided to burn a few calories and walk home. Gracie and I took the opportunity to take some pictures too!!

 

Uncle Randall's neighboorhood sign. ha!

 Gracie and her favorite tree!

 Just hanging out in the landscaping.

We loved this big lit up palm tree in UR's front yard.

 
 
Selfie with Ringo!! It took a while for him to warm up to me.

Day 5:

Our last day. :(

Ringo napping next to me on the couch! Of course we were finally buddies on our last day. ha!

Gracie and I headed back down to the beach for our last day! It was crazy windy and our umbrella blew away twice. So after the second time, I told Gracie no more umbrella. ha! We enjoyed every second of it!

I wish I could stay here forever!

After a couple hours at the beach, we were ready to head home. Instead of making Donnie come pick us up since Uncle Randall had to leave that afternoon to head back to Atlanta for work, we decided we could just walk home. Uncle Randall had said it was only about a 10 minute walk. UHHHHH, maybe for his long legs, but not us. We finally made it to some shops that weren't too far from his house and had to sit down and take a break. That was like 20 minutes into the walk. TWENTY. Not 10.

Hot and tired!!!!!!!!
 
But of course, we can always smile for a pic!!!
 
We FINALLY made it home and immediately jumped in the pool! We were exhausted! hahahaha It's hard to walk that far in flip flops, carrying towels and a blanket/umbrella in the Florida heat. ha!
 
None of us really felt like showering and getting dressed up for dinner, so we just went to an outdoor burger place to eat. Then headed to this really pretty park on the water that has a walking path and people kayak and bring their dogs and fish.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hello Mr. Kayaker back there!
 
Gorgeous houses across the way!
 
 
Contemplating life, I guess...or how I can talk Ty and all my family into moving down here. ;)
 
Gracie with her souvenir I got for her...not sure how we're going to carry that on the plane!
 
 

After walking around there for a little while, we headed back home and Gracie and I headed up to the ice cream shop that we took a break outside of yesterday on our walk home to get some ice cream. It was good, but not nearly as good as Sub Zero!!! We got back and started packing up and showered and headed to bed.
 
Day 6 (My BIRTHDAY!!):
 
We got up super early and headed to the airport. Boo! I of course had to go to Starbucks and get my free birthday drink! yay! Went with the Venti since it was free. Duh!
 
 
Time to head back to Kentucky!
 
Bye Bye Florida!!!
 
We had such a great time!!! I seriously cannot wait to go back! Hopefully next time, Ty will go along! Uncle Randall was the sweetest host and I loved getting to hang out with my in-law's! I'm so lucky I married into such an awesome family!! Time to plan the next trip!!! ;)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.