Like I said on Facebook, I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag!!!
WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!
To say we are excited would be an understatement. We're so happy we can finally tell the world! It's been a long 9ish weeks of knowing and having to keep it a secret. I'm starting to get a little bump that I can hide with most clothes, but not everything.
I guess I'll start out with when we found out.
So on Monday, August 18th, when I was supposed to start and I didn't, I told Ty, "I haven't started, but I don't think I'm pregnant. I don't feel pregnant, but I don't feel like I'm going to start." And he of course says, "Baby, you're not pregnant. And how do you know what pregnant feels like anyway?" haha! I was like, I don't know, but I just feel like I would feel different.
So Tuesday after work I go and buy an EPT pregnancy test. Wait until Wednesday morning to take it, since I've heard or read somewhere it's best to take them in the morning. So Wednesday morning I get up, take it and about 2 minutes later there is a faint + sign. And I'm thinking, uhhhh, that means pregnant. Holy crap!
Ty's already asleep so I don't say anything to him, I go to work and don't say anything there and just go on with my day thinking, I'm pregnant. I really think I'm pregnant!
So of course I buy 2 more types of pregnancy tests, a cheapy one and the digital one that flat out says "Pregnant" "Not Pregnant".
I take the cheapy one Wednesday night. 2 lines. 2 lines = pregnant
I take another EPT test Thursday night. Plus sign again. Plus sign = pregnant
All along I still haven't said anything to Ty about buying and/or taking any pregnancy tests. If I was pregnant I wanted to surprise him somehow to tell him. I thought it would be more fun that way.
So Friday morning I take the digital test and within a minute it pops up "Pregnant"! Holy schnikeys! I'm for real pregnant!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! (And yes, I took four pregnancy tests. Don't judge me.)
I go to work. Don't say anything to anyone. Go to the gift shop and buy cute little UK baby booties. Yes, the first thing I bought for my first child was UK. That's what you do for love. :) ha! (Sorry Gerr Bear!) They put it in a little bag and I take it back to my office and hide it under my desk for the rest of the day.
After work, Ty is sleeping because he has to go into work that night. I lay down with him and take a nap. He sleeps pretty much until he has to go into work so I don't get a chance to tell him.
Saturday morning after work, he and his friend, Brian, got to Greenville to go to a hunting expo so when he walks in door at 11, I can't contain myself and HAVE tell him.
I was trying to be descrete, that's why his face is missing in part of it. :)
So yeah, we're having a baby!!!!!! Due April 26th, 2015. A little spring baby! We can't wait to find out if it's a he or a she, but will be absolutely thrilled with either! As long as it's healthy, we couldn't ask for more!
Happy parents-to-be!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment