Cruz: 5 Months Old
I'm going to do it a little different this time and talk about the milestones he's hit, because I feel like he did a lot this month!!!
Milestones:
- Tried rice cereal and sweet potatoes
- Rolled from back to belly for Daddy once and then at daycare a few times, then FINALLY rolled over for me to see on his 5 Month Birthday!!!
- Grabs hair and tries to grab our noses and anything on our faces.
- Has found his feet and loves to "pat" them. It's so cute! Doesn't really grab them too much yet.
- Likes to take his paci out of his mouth, but can quite figure out how to put it back in
- Went "swimming" for the first time and seemed to like it
- So close to sitting up on his own
- "Ran" aka rode in the stroller, his first (of many, I'm sure) 5K's with Mommy
Every month with this boy is fun, but I think month 5 has been the best so far!! He's just getting so much personality and getting so fun! His little smile and belly laughs are the best!! Sometimes in the mornings when he wakes up, I'll go in his room and he has his little head up and I'll say "Good Morning, bubba!" and he'll grin so big! It's just the sweetest! I could just eat him up. He's so stinkin' adorable!!
He had his 4 month checkup this month and he's doing great!!! He was over 15 lbs and and 26 1/2" long. Dr. Dulabh gave us the okay to start him on rice cereal, so I did and he didn't hate it, but he didn't love it either. He did really well eating from a spoon though! I had to hold his hands a few times because he wanted to help me. Ha! After cereal a few weeks, I decided to try him on sweet potatoes that I made myself and we got pretty much the same reaction. Didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. I think I'm going to try butternut squash or pumpkin next. We'll see!
This month he also got a "jumperoo/excersaucer" from his Nana and Pappy! It's HUGE, but he seems to like it. He bounces a little bit, but is more interested in playing with the toys, which is great too!
We went to Cruz's friend, Parker's house, for a Labor Day/Pool party and he got to swim for the first time. I tried him out in a little float first and he wasn't too sure about it, so I got him out and held him. He liked it! The water wasn't too cold, so I think that helped! Guess we need to buy a house with a pool, since he liked it! ;) The party was fun! We got to meet my friend Lindsey's little girl, Savannah who is about a month older than Cruz. She was 4 weeks early, so she's petite and so, so sweet! They both seemed to like each other!
We had the Porter Family Reunion also and most of the family finally got to meet Cruz and some friends from church made a special stop by the reunion to meet him too! He was a hit (like we knew he would be) and loved on by many that day!
~Passed out ~ Hanging out with his buddy Parker at the consignment sale in Newburgh ~ "Let's hold hands!" ~ "I got the ring...finally!" ~ Sweet boy after a nap
~ Happy boy before daycare! ~ Eating wears him out! ~ At our 4 Month checkup ~ Trying cereal for the 1st time. So big in his high chair! ~ Oh, I love this toy!
~ Needed to sleep with Mommy one morning ~ His morning face! ha! He smiled about 2 seconds after that when he saw me. ~ Going for a walk ~ Playing in his new jumperoo ~ Sportin' his baseball cap
~ Little model getting ready to swim ~ "This pool's pretty cool, I guess." ~ Nap time with daddy at the Labor Day party ~ Twinning with my bestie! ~ Savannah claimed him as her boyfriend right away
~Sporting his UK onesie for the first football game of the year ~ Playing in the kitchen while mommy cooks or does dishes ~ Tummy Time ~ Those eyes!!! Gosh, I just love this boy so much!!!! ~ Happy morning boy!
~"Hey Mommy! Whatcha doin' here??" ~ "Mmmm, these sunglasses are yummy!" ~ Just hanging out with Nana and Pappy ~ Stopping to see Mimi and PawPaw on our way home from Evansville ~ Getting to walk across the blue bridge
~Just sporting the cutest mohawk ever after bath time! ~ So close to sitting up by himself ~ Happy, happy nakey boy! ~ Those cheeks! ~ Cute boy in his monogrammed jacket
~ "I can roll over!" ~ He's definitely OUR MVP!!! ~ Sweet boy in his Polo outfit he borrowed from Parker! ~ Our first 5K together...didn't do too shabby! ~ Just riding along during the 5K!
~ "I can roll over!" ~ He's definitely OUR MVP!!! ~ Sweet boy in his Polo outfit he borrowed from Parker! ~ Our first 5K together...didn't do too shabby! ~ Just riding along during the 5K!
This boy just gets cuter, sweeter, and bigger everyday!!! Life with him is so much fun!! We love you, bubby, more than you will ever know!!!!
Happy 5 Month Birthday, Cruzer!
No comments:
Post a Comment