Cruz: 6 Months Old
And just like that, our baby boy is HALF A YEAR old!!!! How is that even possible??? This has been the best, quickest, most tiring, but most rewarding 6 months of my entire life. I never knew this little boy could hold such a BIG place in my heart. Although I haven't had a solid night of sleep since the day he was born, it's totally worth it. He won't always want me in the middle of the night, so I'm going to take advantage of it while I can. And drink lots of coffee in the process. :)
Milestones:
- Bounces like a champ in his bouncer and when he's standing in your lap
- Sitting up ALMOST all by himself. Can at least balance for a few seconds, so I call that a win
- Has found his voice and loves to squeal!
- Tried sweet peas, carrots, and avocado. Only somewhat liked the carrots
- Rolled over from his belly to back once. Still not so good at that, but rolls from back to belly pretty much the second you put him on his back.
- Went to Lake Cumberland for the weekend with daddy's family and saw his first waterfall
- "Camped" with mommy's family at Audobon State Park
- Graduated to the big seat in the stroller and not his car seat (Big step for mom!)
- Working really hard on cutting a tooth. We think we can kind of feel one on the bottom, but nothing has popped through yet.
I think I said this last month, but this month has been the most fun so far!!! Cruz is really starting to develop his personality and he is so fun! And so darn cute!! I mean, I could just go on and on and on about how great he is! My heart could just explode with how much love I have for him!
This month we also experienced a loss in our family with the passing of my grandpa, my mom's dad. He was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, and his health had been going up and down since. In the last few months it just kept going down. On Friday, October 1st, they brought in Hospice to their home because breathing had become so hard for him and he's so bullheaded, he didn't want to stay at the hospital. :) That next day, SAturday 10/2, Cruz and I were in Indiana for a baby shower and my mom called to tell us we should probably come out to see Grandpa because he wasn't doing well at all. We did and I'm so glad. He lit up when he saw Cruz and it was probably one of the best moments I've experienced with my Grandpa. He talked to him a little bit and reached for his hand. It was so sweet. That night, he passed away. I'm so thankful I got to see him one last time and that Cruz did too. I know he won't remember him at all, but I'll be sure to remind him of his Grandpa Mo and how much he loved to tease us about "eatin' ice cream."
But Cruz was totally the star of the show at the visitation and I think it helped to have him around to keep everyone's spirits up. I know he helped me. :) He's just so cute and sweet, you can't help but smile when you're around him.:)
And as always, here are a million pictures this month:
~ I could snuggle him all day long ~ Look at that little booty ~ Mohawk after a bath ~ "I'll just stick my tongue out and taste this toy!" ~ Hey Bright Eyes!
~ Cumberland Falls on a cold, rainy day ~ Just hanging out on my belly ~ Porter family pic ~ And our little family all in blue
~ Boxes are fun to play with! ~ Lexie has decided everything in Cruz's room is hers to lay on ~ Cool kid! ~ Sweet boy in his button down ~ The first day of October means "Halloween" clothes
~ Sitting up with a little help from the boppy ~ First time sitting in the stroller like a big boy ~ Mommy containing me in my camping chair so she can clean ~ Watching YouTube videos after I got tire of sitting in the chair while Mommy cleans ~ Coffee and walks downtown!
~ This boy! (Heart eyes emoticon) (Just realized this was in the collage above this one too. Oh well, it's cute enough to put on here twice. ha!) ~ Napping at daycare ~ Excited to try pears! ~ Hanging with Mommy by the river ~ Tummy time!
~ Excited for "camping"! ~ Could he be any cuter?!?! ~ Nap time with my cousin, Maddie ~ All the cousins: Maddie, Nate, Cruz, Kelsey
Camping at Audobon State Park!
~ Sitting up with a little help from the boppy ~ First time sitting in the stroller like a big boy ~ Mommy containing me in my camping chair so she can clean ~ Watching YouTube videos after I got tire of sitting in the chair while Mommy cleans ~ Coffee and walks downtown!
~ This boy! (Heart eyes emoticon) (Just realized this was in the collage above this one too. Oh well, it's cute enough to put on here twice. ha!) ~ Napping at daycare ~ Excited to try pears! ~ Hanging with Mommy by the river ~ Tummy time!
~ Excited for "camping"! ~ Could he be any cuter?!?! ~ Nap time with my cousin, Maddie ~ All the cousins: Maddie, Nate, Cruz, Kelsey
Camping at Audobon State Park!
Big boy sitting up all by himself!!! He's getting better at it everyday!
Happy 1/2 Birthday baby boy!! You absolutely are our greatest accomplishment! We are so lucky to be your parents! We love you to the moon and back!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment