
I know you are asking yourself, "Why ever would she want to cover that gorgeous circa 1992 black and gold headboard with the lovely mirror?" Well I will tell you why...I'm crazy, that's why. haha It is rather different, but I just wasn't feeling it.
So I decided to do a little HGTV action, thanks to the idea from my friend, Sarah. I went to Hobby Lobby and got some 1 inch foam, some foam glue, and 2 yards of fabric and I was ready to go.
I cut the foam to fit the headboard and glued all around the mirror on the black part. Let it sit all night with books on top. The next night I started with the fabric. I had some small white tacks from the college days and just used those and a hammer and started hammering away. I started at the top and just worked my way around. It kind of has some bubbles at the bottom where it didn't get totally flattened out. But since I did this all by myself and that headboard weighs a ton, I'm happy with it. I think it's a rather nice improvement.
Here's the finished product:

You can tell there that it's not perfect, but oh well, it's do-able.

Close up of the fabric.

And the totally finished product. :) Much, much better! Please come have a spend-over whenever you'd like. This beautiful bed is waiting for you. :)
Already had a spendover...it looks great!
ReplyDeleteThis is brilliant!! Plus you can change it in the future when you want a new look. Well done!
ReplyDelete--Vicki K.
Great job on your headboard! The bedding is so sweet too!
ReplyDeletegreat job!!
ReplyDelete