Ty had to go into work early, so I came home and woke him up. Once he left, I left and ran to the mall to look around, for fun. Tried on a few bathing suits, not sure I'm quite ready for that yet, mentally and physically. haha Anyway, I looked around for a while and found this cute dress. I didn't get it, but I still might go back. I think it looks like a good honeymoon dress, unfortunately I don't have another honeymoon to go on this year. :( Bummer!
Anyway, I left there and ran and got Ty and I some dinner from Salsarita's to take to him to work. I sat in his office with him from about 8:45-11. It was fun! I got to see what he does and then I "graded" the NCAA brackets that they have going. haha It was fun! But I can see why teachers don't love grading. It got old quickly.
Saturday:
Ty was going to Hopkinsville to play golf and I needed to take Izzy to the vet to get the rest of her shots and schedule her spay/declaw/amputation. :( Not excited about that at all. She's going in Monday, April 2nd. I know she'll be fine, but I'm still sad about it.
I got home and was hungry! I found a recipe that I had printed off a while back for chocolate chip scones, so I made those. Umm, YUM!!!
Then, since Ty took my car to Hoptown, I had is and it was completely disgusting, so I decided to clean it out. This is 20 times better then what it looked like!!!
After doing that, I cut the crazy vines in the backyard a little bit. Luckily, one of the neighbor boys raked up some of the leaves and bagged those for us and another one mowed our lawn. Ty got home and we both showered and made a pizza and watched some of the NCAA tournament. Baxter watched with us too. haha
Sunday:
Mom decided to save the day and come help us work on our crazy of a mess backyard! She got over a little after 10 and after playing with her grand"fur"babies, we got outside and got started. Ty dug up the stepping stones that were out front (that had pretty much completely sunk in the ground) and put out some other big stepping stones to replace those, I think they look great! Then mom and I started pulling weeds and raking up OLD leaves. Moved a bunch of rocks. Dug up some random things that I don't think have grown since we moved in. We moved all the rocks from around the little pond that filled all that in with dirt. Ty cooked us lunch so we came in and ate at one point, and then he ran to Home Depot and got some landscaping fabric stuff. (I think it's supposed to help from the weeds taking over, I'm not really sure. Sorry Mom. :)) So anyway, after many MANY hours of hard work, we finished by cleaning off the patio and sitting down for some Sixlets. :) haha It's not completely done and I hope to get some mulch soon, but I think it looks wonderful!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Mom for all of your help today!!! :)
Before:
After:
Much better, huh???

No comments:
Post a Comment