Since my mom and step-dad were coming over on Saturday, like most people, I needed to clean. BAD! haha I told Ty that I wish people came over more often, because it's a good motivator to clean. He said, I keep the house clean enough. haha awww, thanks boo. :)
So anyway, Ty had been up all day, so he went to take a nap and I started cleaning downstairs and did some laundry too. I wore my HRM to see how many calories I burned because I was curious. I didn't take a picture of my calorie burn, but I think in 3 hours of cleaning I burned around 450 calories. Not too shabby for a Friday night! Then Ty got up to do a baseball fantasy draft around 8, so I ran and picked up pizzas from Roca Bar. haha good thing I burned some calories because I definitely ate them all back. Oh well. I cleaned a little more after that, then crashed.
Saturday:
I woke up about 7:30 and Ty had been up since about 4:30 and was a busy bee in the backyard! He cleaned out our shed and started raking up the HUGE leaves off the ridiculously HUGE tree (that isn't even ours) that decides to lose all it's leaves into our teeny tiny yard. We failed to rake them up in the fall (whoops!), so Ty got some big ole bags from his work and filled THREE of them! You can kind of see it in this picture. It was humongous!
Baxter was also outside supervising Ty's work. haha!
Then he got tired and decided to lay down. ;)
I helped rake up some of the leaves out of the landscaping, but Ty definitely did most of the work and I am very, very thankful for that!
Needless to say, when my parents got to our house we weren't quite ready. They hung out with the kitties for a little bit while we finished getting ready, then we headed downtown and ate at a cute little diner called Bee Bops. Ty and I had never been there either and it was so good! I got a burger and fries and had some of mom's milkshake and it was delish!
We walked down to the new park that opened up last fall by the river and it's so pretty and so neat. It's a great place for kids with a huge playground. It's really, really nice!
Then we went to the coffee shop where they were having "open mic day" basically. Got some coffee and then Ty headed home to meet his dad to fish and Mom, Gerry, and I sat down and drank our coffees, listened a little bit to the music, and talked a whole lot. We stayed there for a few hours and had a great time! We headed back home around 3 and then they left to go back to Evansville. It was a great visit!
Since Ty was still gone, I decided to go to the little flea market, Trader Bakers mall and look around. Ty called while I was there and he was on his way back, so he met me there. We looked around some and then went to get some stuff for dinner at Kroger. We got home and made some bbq ribs and macaroni salad. It was good! But ribs are so hard to eat. haha! Anyone else feel that way? Ty was exhausted and was passed out on the couch by 7:30ish. Poor guy. So he went to bed not long after that. I stayed up a little while longer and then crashed myself.
Sunday:
With the time change, we slept in until about 10, which was great! Ty wanted to go to the grocery as soon as we got up, but I just wasn't feeling that. I just wanted to eat a bowl of cereal and be lazy. So we watched SNL from the night before. Justin Timberlake is hilarious! I love when he hosts that show! I ended up falling asleep on the couch, shocker! and Ty went to take a nap too. I woke up about 3:30 and changed to go to JCPenney's to use a coupon that I had gotten thru my email. $10 off $25 or more. Yes, please. So I got a few things and then went to Wal-Mart to get groceries since I didn't feel like going that morning. Came home and made some Chicken Pot Pie Muffins that were delicious! Watched my Sunday night shows and made myself go to bed around 11 or so. The time change has me off. Or maybe it was my 3 hour afternoon nap. haha whoops. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment