Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday:

Ty left for Florida with his dad this morning, so I was left by myself this weekend, so after work my friend, Megan and I decided to have a "girl's date" and go get sushi. YUM! We went to Shogun and it did not disappoint. Like usual. We went back to my house and chatted for a little bit, then she headed home since she had to work this weekend. I ran up to the movie place and rented Magic Mike since Ty was gone and I STILL hadn't seen the sexiness that is THE Channing Tatum in all his barey-clothed-dancing-glory! 

Drinking some yummy iced coffee and digging into Ty's Nerds that I bought for him, but he hadn't opened yet. His loss. :)

So, the movie itself was "Eh". I super duper loved the dancing parts, but other than that, I had a hard time paying attention. After that, I caught up on some blogs, watched FRIENDS and finally made myself go to bed after snuggling with this cute little baby. 
Gosh, I just love her!!! 

Saturday:

It turned out to be a really pretty day, but I had already planned the night before to go the Evansville for the day to pick up a bridesmaids dress, do some shopping and visit my fam and some friends, so I finally headed over there about 11:30. I went to Dick's first to look for some padded cycling shorts or capris for the spinning class at my gym. I've only done it once and absolutely LOVED it, but haven't gone back yet because I really wanted to get some extra padding to sit on those tiny bike seats. 

I was in luck!! I got these for 25 bucks! Whoop whoop! Hot, right?? haha!

Just have to wear some shorts or capris over them. I hope they help! We'll find out this week.

Then I stopped by the Banana Republic Factory Store to look around since I'd only been in there like maybe 1 other time. Everything in there was 40% off, including the clearance. So I walked out of there with 2 springy shirts that were on clearance for like $13. Sweet! 

Next stop was David's Bridal to pick up my bridesmaid's dress for my friend, Anne's wedding that's in September. Got in and out of there pretty quick. Thank goodness.

Then I went to the mall. Oh the lovely, Eastland Mall. When I lived in E-ville I always thought that mall was crappy, but now that I really do have a crappy mall, like REALLY crappy, I can appreciate Eastland Mall. But Saturday it just didn't do anything for me. Womp womp. I did get a pair of free panties from VS and a pair of bathing suit bottoms. Oh and a frozen coffee. But that is really ALL that I walked out of that mall with after going into a ton of stores and trying on a ton of clothes. Oh well. I really wanted to get some new running shoes anyway, so since I had only spent like $60 so far that day, I knew it wouldn't hurt so bad to fork over $100 on new tennies. 

So I left the mall and went to the good ole Shoe Carnival to just look around. No such luck though. So then I went to this placed called Ultimate Fit to get fitted for running shoes. The guy in there was so helpful and really knows his stuff about running, oh and feet, which is important. After trying on some Brooks, Saucony, and Mizunos, I walked out with these Mizunos. 
LOVE them!! They look orange, but I've been describing them as "watermelon pink". They are super comfortable and the 10th of a mile that I ran on the treadmill at the store, they were awesome! I so wanted to try them Sunday, but it was raining out and I didn't want to get them dirty even walking outside in them to go to the gym. haha 

Anyway, after that I didn't need to spend anymore money on myself, so I went to visit the parentals for a little bit and then went to my sister, Michelle's, to visit with her for a little bit too. After all that, I went to my friend Jenny's house for dinner and game night! We had a blast! We had this awesome Napa Cabbage salad, that I cannot wait to make, stuffed peppers. Oh, and s'mores brownies, banana bread, and cookie cake too. Geez. So good though. And then we played Phase 10. FOREVER. 

It was so fun though! I finally left around midnight and talked to my sister, Krystal the whole way home. Kept me awake and made the drive seem so quick.

Sunday: 

Slept in until 10:30. It was wonderful! It rained all day, so my day consisted of Lifetime movies and some of this...
NAPS. I love me some naps. I did finally brush my teeth and put on a bra so I could return Magic Mike and pick up some food for my cats. But then I came back home and watched my Sunday night shows and then did this...
...admired my new shoes and watched Pitch Perfect. Duh!

It was a great weekend...but I'm so ready for my hubby to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.