Sunday, September 22, 2013

Koester Girls Camping Weekend

Last weekend my grandma, my sisters, a couple of my aunts and some of my girl cousins on my dad's side all went over to Scales Lake in Boonville to do some camping. To say we had a blast would be an understatement! 

I got there Friday evening around 7:30. My grandma, Michelle, Aunt Lori, Hannah, Aunt Carol and Aunt Mary were there sitting around the fire, enjoying some drinks and some jello shots. Even my grandma! haha love her! We sat around drinking, talking, laughing, until about 1 am when Krystal finally got there. We sat up and talked with Krystal for a little bit then climbed into the RV with our grandma and went to bed. :)

Got up Saturday morning a little before 8. Grandma made us some delicious coffee and everyone came in and hung out with us. 


 After some coffee, Aunt Mary and Aunt Carol made us biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast. It was wonderful! We decided to take a walk up to the "petting zoo" to see the "hairy ass" as my grandma kept referring to it as. :) haha 


Cute little donkey. :)

While up there, our grandpa showed up with their dog (aka: favorite child) Addy. They are so funny with her. Love it!


Grandpa & Addy


My sisters and I with our grandparents.

We are very lucky to have such incredible grandparents, and so lucky to have gotten to have so much time with them. All of Ty's grandparents passed away when he was young and he really didn't know them that well. I realize how lucky I am to have both of my dad's parents still alive and my mom's dad and her step-mom (who I've known since I was 5). Grandparents are even more fun when you're an adult and get to enjoy time with them! :)



Krystal and I (post-run and pre-shower. haha!)


Our home for the weekend


Our campsite!

After we finally showered, we sat around and ate some snacks, and lunch. (We weren't short on food, that's for sure.) Then we turned our music on and had a good ole Cornhole Tournament. We had an even number of people, but an odd number of teams. So my team, me and & Aunt Carol and Krystal's team, her and Aunt Mary, I think both won 2 games each. We were supposed to have a championship game, but it never happened. 

While we were playing cornhole, my Aunt Susie and cousin, Jennifer showed up, so we decided to have our "White Elephant" gift exchange. It was a "don't buy anything, bring something from home that you can part with". It was hilarious and I ended up with this. and was PUMPED about it.


The Ab Circle!!!! 

When that was over, Aunt Mary's husband, Kenny, brought us some bbq pork, so we ate. Again. It was so good tho!! Then we all decided to walk down to the lake. There was a playground right near there, so we had a blast acting like kids trying to go across the monkey bars (which is WAY harder than what it used to be when we were little and weighed a lot less!) and then me, Mandy, Krystal and Jennifer got on the teeter-totter. SO funny!!!! 

We finally made it to the lake and walked out on the dock and looked at it for about 5 seconds. Then we were done. Michelle and I stayed out long enough to get a picture though.


Me and my (little) big sister, Michelle

Once we got back, it was s'mores and game time. We played the Thing game and it was a blast!!!! We were all pretty tired after that and I think we were all in bed before midnight. 

Sunday we got up around the same time, had some coffee again and sat in Aunt Lori's camper for a while and chatted some more. Aunt Mary made us pancakes for breakfast and we all ate and started packing up. We decided this definitely has to be an annual thing from now on. We had such a great time and it was so good to get to spend time with my grandma, aunts and cousins that I don't get to see nearly enough anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.