Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Celebrations 2014

On my 21 week post, I talked about Koester Christmas a bit, so I won't repost those.

On Sunday, December 21st, we had Christmas with Dad and Kim at our house. This is the 2nd year we've done it and I really like hosting it. We decided to go with lasagna, salad and garlic bread this year! So easy and so so good!! We exchanged gifts and played dirty santa again, it was a really good time!! Dad and Kim had to leave to go take care of all the animals, and Michelle, Krystal, Kelsey and Maddie stayed for a while. We watched The Grinch and I think everyone but Maddie fell asleep for a little bit.

 

This was the only picture we took that day and we took this about 47 times! ha!
 
 
Christmas Eve Eve was at Mom and Gerry's! We've started the tradition of Turoni's pizza and it's always so good! But this was the first time this entire pregnancy that I got heartburn. That wasn't fun! Thankfully, Michelle had Tums for me. Took care of that really quick!
 
We ate! Then took family pictures, of course!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And then we opened gifts!
 
I'm pretty sure Ty was really excited (and surprised) about getting the UK shooting shirt from his Secret Santa (Michelle) and me!
 
 
We all got some really great things! The girls racked up, like usual!! And so did Cruzer! He's not even here yet and I think he got more stuff than Ty and I combined! haha He's not complaining though. One of my favorite gifts was this "Mom" necklace from my mom and Gerry. :)
 
 
Ty and I also had to take some selfies with his new phone!
 
 Just being goofballs!
 
 haha Love this!!!
 
And one more with my phone, for good measure. :)
 
 
Since Mom and Gerry were hosting Christmas Eve, we stayed the night with Michelle again and headed to the mall nice and early Christmas Eve morning. I needed to get my ring checked and Ty wanted to check out the sales! ha!
 
We headed to M & G's after and waited for mom's family to arrive. We ate great, again! Visited with family and opened gifts and played Dirty Santa again! We left about 3:30 and headed back to Owensboro. We were going to go to Ty's parents that night, but we were both so tired, we decided we would just go down there on Christmas and stay the night since we were getting together with his Aunt Sharon the day after Christmas (Friday).

We hadn't taken a picture that day, so we set up my phone and took about 14 until we got this one. This was the best we could do!

Lexie even made it in the picture (see her hiding behind me!)
 
We made a last minute run to Academy Sports and then came home and crashed early!!
 
Christmas:
 
We woke up and opened our stockings. We decided not to spend a whole lot on each other this year since we know we'll be making some big purchases soon with Cruz on the way. Fine by me! I got some super comfy slippers and an Academy gift card!
 
The neighbor boys, Myles and Malik, came down to open their gifts we got them and ate breakfast with us! They are such a mess, but so much fun!! They are really great kids! We then packed up and headed down to Ty's parents.
 
It was only necessary to take another picture like this since we did last year too. Next year, I'll have to squeeze a car seat in the pic in the backseat (of my mommy mobile, that will hopefully be purchased soon!) ha!
 
 
We ate dinner with Ty's family! So good, but I'm really starting to get tired of eating. For real! Then we opened gifts! We got some more great stuff! Man, are we spoiled!
 

Awesome flag!!! Love it!
 
And then this adorable sleep sheep that is a sound machine. Anita woke up one morning at 4:30 last week and ran to Bowling Green to Toys R Us to get this for Cruz  because she felt he just needed to have it! I'm glad she did, because it's so sweet!
 
 


 
Ty, Me, Gracie and Justin
 
My sweater makes my belly look super weird in this pic. I promise it's normal! :)
 
I passed out early on the couch that night, I was so worn out!!
 
Friday morning, we woke up and had breakfast. Me, Ty, his dad and Gracie ran to Uncle Lee's to do some shopping. Not exactly my idea of shopping, but the boys had a good time! haha Came back and I took a mini nap, I wasn't feeling too good. Then we cleaned up and headed to Ty's Aunt Sharon's house. You guessed it...we ate! ha! Seriously, I don't even want to know how much weight I gained over the holidays. Blah. But it was delicious and then I had to have an apple turnover that was ridiculously delicious!! haha We opened a few more gifts and just enjoyed visiting with each other!
 
We were so spoiled this year with gifts from family for us and for Cruz! And as much as it wears us out to run all over the place, I'm so thankful that we have so much family that we do get to celebrate with. We're very lucky, that's for sure!!!
 

 I took these pics when we got home Friday night...no denying I'm pregnant, huh? haha
Don't mind me...just smuggling a basketball under here! ha!
 
This is what you look like 5 months pregnant and after eating about 10 ridiculously good meals in 5 days! haha 
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you have a safe and Happy New Year!!! 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.