Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge


I like to copy, so I saw this on my sister Krystal's blog and I decided to do it too.

It's a 30 Day Blog Challenge that Katie from http://katieslifejourney.blogspot.com/ started. Today is day 4 so I'm a little behind, but I'll try to catch up.

Day 1: Introduce, Recent Picture and 15 Interesting Facts
My name is Lindsay. I'm a 26 year old, 2 job workin' Hoosier living in Kentucky-land and a soon to be (less than 7 months) WIFE.

1. I'm ENGAGED!!
2. My fiance's name is Ty and he has the cutest southern accent that I don't really even notice anymore.
3. I work for Shoe Carnival and about 99% of all of my shoes I buy from there, but surprisingly I don't have a crazy amount of shoes.
4. I live in Kentucky and work in Indiana. It's about a 45 minute drive to work everyday.
5. I dislike slow drivers.
6. I adore my family and friends to NO END!
7. I was a cheerleader all through grade school, middle school and high school.
8. If I could have any job in the world it would be a Celebrity Interviewer/Entertainment Reporter on E! News or something like that. :)
9. I don't really enjoy working out, but I LOVE the feeling afterwards and try to do it often.
10. I have 2 cats, Lexie and Baxter, who are my babies and I love them dearly!!!
11. The only time I have ever been out of the country is when I went on a cruise in 2005 to the Caribbean.
12. When I go shopping, I have buyer's remorse 75% of the time and return it or talk myself out of buying it altogether.
13. My favorite color is pink and is also one of the colors of my wedding.
14. I just recently started working a second job to save money for my wedding.
15. I would drink Starbucks every day if possible. :)

Day 2: Meaning Behind Your Blog Name


Well that's pretty easy...when I get married my new last name will be Porter, hence "Soon to be Mrs. Porter" :)

Day 3: Your First Love


My first love was in high school and it was Brad Watson. I think I started liking him towards the end of my freshman year, his sophomore year. I went out of my way to run into him in the hallways or see him after school. Yeah, I'm subtle like that. I even asked him to go to the Christmas Dance with me my sophomore year and he said yes. haha But I guess it EVENTUALLY worked because he asked me to his Senior Prom and we pretty much started dating then. We were together for about 8 months or so and it was a pretty hard break up, but we are friends now, whenever we see each other, which isn't often at all. But he's a good guy and I want nothing but the best for him and I know he wants the same for me.

Day 4: Your Parents


I have some GREAT parents! My mom and dad got divorced when I was 10 and my mom got re-married to my step-dad, Gerry (or Gerr Bear as I like to call him) when I was 14.

My Mom.


I've always been very close to my mom and use to have crazy anxiety when she would leave or I would have to leave her when I was little. Luckily, I grew out of that, I still don't like to be away from her for a long time, so it's a good thing I still work in Evansville and get to see her pretty often. She's my mom, but also one of my best friends, and just recently has become my Wedding Planner. She crazy organized and has kept us on a pretty good schedule to get things together for my wedding. I love her like crazy and cannot imagine not having the great relationship with her that I do. I love you, Mom. You're the best!


My Dad.

My dear daddio, aka. Dale Earnhardt look-a-like. :) At least that's what all my friends say. I love my soft-spoken, go with the flow, dad. I'm not as close with him as I am my mom but I think that has a lot to do with me being a girl and living with my mom mostly after my parents got divorced. But of course, that doesn't mean he's any less important to me. I know I can always go to my dad for anything. He's my Mr. Fix It and my moving guy. I love that about him. He'll always drop whatever he's doing to come fix a flat tire for me, or change my burnt out headlight, or move a mattress. He's also a pretty fun guy to play Scrabble with. That's what I enjoy most with my dad. Just sitting at his house with him, snacking and playing Scrabble. :) Love you daddio!!

My Step-Dad, Gerr Bear.


Oh Gerr Bear, where do I even start with him?? I will say, we had a rough start. It's hard having a new parent thrown into your life as a teenager and I definitely wasn't the nicest to him. Thank goodness, I grew up and learned to appreciate him and everything that he did for my mom, my sisters, my nieces and myself. I enjoy playing Words with Friends with him everyday, even though he kicks my butt 90% of the time. (And I think he enjoys that part even more.) He's a great man and I'm glad my mom has him, but even more glad he has my mom. ;) I love you Gerr Bear!!

Alright, now I'm all caught up. Tomorrow: Siblings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.