Monday, November 8, 2010

Homeowner Woes...

Sometimes being a homeowner is no fun at all!!!!
I got home from work yesterday and there is a puddle of water right by the refrigerator. I asked Ty if he made a mess and he said that I had left the freezer open apparently. hmm...I don't think I did, but okay, maybe I did. So I open the freezer and there is a ton of water just puddled at the bottom of the freezer and it's dripping from the ice machine. So I clean up the water and dump all the ice.
This morning I was getting ready for work and Ty said that the freezer wasn't leaking anymore. Great! I go downstairs to make my coffee and get some soup to take to work and when I put the soup back in the fridge, I realize it doesn't feel very cold and neither does anything else in the fridge. OH. NO.
It sounds like it's still kind of running, but apparently it just isn't keeping anything cold. And that is why the ice was melting. Not because I left the freezer open. (See, I knew I didn't leave it open.)
So anyway, I try to save a few things and bring 2 gallons of milk, my creamer (it's Peppermint Mocha, I can't let that go bad!!!), turkey and cheese to work to put in the refrigerator here to hopefully save some stuff. Too bad our 3 bags of chicken and 3 lbs of ground beef will all have to be thrown away....Ugh.
So, Ty called somebody to come and look at it, so hopefully they can get by there today and Ty will here them knock or they'll call and wake him up. Trying to get things fixed at your house whenever one person works 45 mins away in a totally different state and the other works 3rd shift, is not so easy...
Joys of owning a home. :(
Happy Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.